The Nintendo Switch has been a game-changer in the world of portable gaming since its release in 2017 due to its unique design and versatile gameplay options.
Whether you want to play on a bigger screen, record gameplay footage, or use your laptop as a secondary display, knowing how to connect Nintendo Switch to laptop can be a game-changing experience.
In this article, we guide you through the steps of connecting your Nintendo Switch to your laptop, unlocking a whole new level of gaming possibilities.
How To Connect Nintendo Switch To Laptop
To connect the Nintendo Switch to your laptop, you have to use an indirect connection. This is because laptops have an HDMI output (NOT HDMI input), meaning you can only give out display but you cannot receive display from other devices. The Nintendo Switch also has HDMI output.
To connect the two, you need these gadgets:
- HDMI cable
- Capture card
- Nintendo dock
- Streaming software
- USB cable
Then, follow these steps:
- Connect Nintendo Switch To Nintendo Dock; plug in the dock’s cable to the Type C port of the switch.
- Use the HDMI cable to connect the Nintendo dock to the capture card.
- Open the streaming software on your laptop
- Turn on the Nintendo Switch
- Connect the capture card to the laptop with the USB cable
- Enjoy the displayed Nintendo switch on the laptop
- To control the game, use the Joy-Con
How To Connect Nintendo Switch To the TV
- Open the back of the Nintendo Switch dock
- Connect the USB plug from the Nintendo switch adapter to the terminal labeled AC adapter on the dock
- Connect the remaining AC terminal to your wall outlet
- Connect HDMI out to the bottom terminal of the dock
- Connect HDMI to the TV
- Close the back of the Nintendo Switch dock and remove the left and right Joy-Controllers
- Position the console to face the direction of the dock’s front panel
- Select the correct HDMI input when you switch on the TV
What Should You Look For In a Gaming Laptop?
Now that you are interested in playing Nintendo games on the laptop, there is a chance this might spark interest in gaming on the laptop. Look for a laptop with:
Gaming is one of the most demanding tasks a laptop can perform. It needs a powerful processor to accommodate the heavy duties delegated. This also prevents lagging when gaming. A powerful processor can handle any game without lagging.
A good gaming laptop should have dedicated graphics cards. Dedicated graphics deliver the best performances when it comes to gaming. Dedicated graphics cards are upgradeable and detachable from the laptop.
Laptops with dedicated graphics cards are expensive. However, there are other affordable gaming laptops with integrated graphics cards that deliver great performance.
A gaming laptop needs effective cooling. Laptops with fanless cooling technology are amazing during gaming because they do not get loud. When gaming gets intense, the cooling system should handle the pressure.
Regardless of whether you want a laptop exclusively for gaming or for other purposes, portability is key. it is necessary to carry your laptop around with ease. Laptops with a slim design are the best with portability.
Gaming Laptop Vs Nintendo Switch
Both the laptop and Nintendo switch are great for gamers. The Nintendo Switch is handheld and portable, while the laptop is less portable. If you need a gaming device to play on the go, a Nintendo switch is better.
The Nintendo Switch has a limit on the games you can play whereas the laptop can hold as many games as your storage allows, giving you countless options.
A gaming laptop can be used for other purposes like work, as opposed to the switch which is only for gaming.
You will pay a higher price for a gaming laptop than for a switch. Your choice depends on your budget and needs.
The Nintendo Switch is an amazing way to enjoy gaming on the go. It is a great innovation for gamers.
While you cannot connect the Nintendo Switch to the laptop directly, it is possible to connect both devices using HDMI, a capture card, streaming software, and USB.
The Nintendo Switch can also be connected to the TV more easily than it is to connect it to a laptop.