Having a weak ps4 internet connection is not great, especially when you want to game after work or after school. In many cases, we find ourselves struggling with ps4 internet connection.
Funny enough, you will find that the laptop is connecting great with that same internet. You can bridge the internet from the laptop to your ps4.
- How to Bridge Internet from Laptop to PS4
- Can I Connect My PS4 to the Laptop Hotspot?
- How to Ensure the Connection is Strong
- How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor for PS4
- Using HDMI to Connect PS4 to Laptop
- FAQs About Bridging Internet from Laptop to PS4
How to Bridge Internet from Laptop to PS4
To bridge internet from laptop to PS4, first, you need to connect your PS4 to the laptop via the Ethernet cable. Ensure that your laptop is connected to Wi-Fi. Then select network and sharing center.
On the left, change adapter settings. After that, select LAN adapter and Wi-Fi adapter then right-click bridge connection.
Can I Connect My PS4 to the Laptop Hotspot?
Maybe you want to connect your PS4 to the laptop internet but you do not have an Ethernet cable. First, connect your PS4 to the connectify hotspot.
The SSID generated will be remembered by your PS4. Also, it is important to keep your laptop close to your PS4 so that the connection is strong.
How to Ensure the Connection is Strong
When you bridge internet from laptop to PS4, sometimes you keep losing the connection. Or maybe it is not strong enough for your PS to run smoothly. This can be quite irritating.
What can you do to improve consistency in your connection?
- Keep the laptop close to your PS4. This will ensure that the connection remains strong and you will enjoy your gaming.
- Remove obstacles between your PS4 and the laptop. Ensure that no obstacles are blocking your ps4 from receiving a good connection from the laptop.
- Minimize the number of devices using the internet from your laptop. If other devices are connected to your laptop like phones or the tv, minimize them. The more devices you connect to your laptop, the weaker the PS4 internet could be.
Related: Best budget wireless routers
How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor for PS4
Since we are discussing PS4 and laptops, it is possible to use the laptop as a monitor for PS4 if your TV is not available. Through remote play, your laptop can be a monitor for your PS4.
To set up the remote play, you need the following: your laptop, internet, USB cable, PS4 account, and a PS4 console.
See also: Which router is best for multiple devices?
Using HDMI to Connect PS4 to Laptop
Most modern laptops have an HDMI port. You can connect your PS4 using HDMI through a capture card. Here is what you need to do:
- You need to get a high-quality video capture card first.
- Plugin the video capture card to get it started.
- Use the S video connection cable, plug in the video capture card to the PS4 console and then connect HDMI out and into the console and the capture card respectively.
- When you turn on the PS4 console, you need to run the capture card software on your laptop.
You can also connect your PS4 to the laptop using remote play.
FAQs About Bridging Internet from Laptop to PS4
How Can I Improve PS4 Internet Connection
Lagging internet speed is the worst thing for PS4. Knowing how to boost your PS4 internet connection is important for gaming. Some of the methods you can use to boost your connection are;
- If you use Wi-Fi for your PS4, know where the signal is strongest. Then move your Ps4 to that exact spot. You could also move your router to the same spot.
- Using DNS. Your DNS settings can boost the internet connection for your PS4.
- By Forwarding PS port.
- Troubleshoot your network.
How Can I Change DNS Settings?
Changing DNS settings is one of the tricks to improve the PS4 connection. Changing the DNS settings is easy by following these steps;
- Log in to your PS4
- Locate the settings and go directly to network settings
- Choose LAN for an Ethernet cable. If you use WiFi, select WiFi.
- Click custom and select automatic, and the DNS settings will appear.
- Choose the manual settings to change your primary DNS to 220.127.116.11 and the secondary DNS to 18.104.22.168.
Check the internet speed for your PS4 before changing the DNS settings. This will help you tell if changing the settings helps improve the internet speed. Also, if the initial changes do not improve the speed, try having 22.214.171.124 as your primary DNS and 126.96.36.199 as your secondary DNS.
Ethernet cable could save you the stress of lack of internet connection for your PS4 when your wireless connection is unreliable.
The step-by-step guide on how to bridge with the Ethernet cable is easy and clear for you to use. We have also covered ways to improve your wireless connection.
Most internet connection issues for PS4 are usually solvable with simple settings or simple steps like changing the location of your PS4 or router. You can also use the laptop as a monitor for your PS4 if you do not want too much connecting when you bridge the internet from the laptop.